Improvement of railway infrastructure – establishment of a monitoring system for safety, security and technical controls


With this Project the investment continues in the modernization of the railway transport infrastructure in the Republic of Croatia with the aim of increasing safety and interoperability on the Croatian part of the Mediterranean Corridor and on the other part of the Core Network, and it will also contribute to the further development of the Trans-European transport network.

On 11 November 2020 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed the Grant Agreement INEA/CEF/TRAN/M2019/2097375 as part of the Connecting Europe Facility Transport Sector (CEF – Connecting Europe Facility) with the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA). The value of the Grant Agreement is EUR 17.1 million, of which EUR 14.5 million or 85 percent is co-financed from the CEF, and the remaining amount of EUR 2.6 million, or 15 percent, is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The signed Grant Agreement covers the following activities:

  1. Project management, publicity and visibility
  2. Procurement and installation of equipment for measuring stations – for type 1 measuring stations (5 locations)
  3. Procurement and installation of equipment for measuring stations – for type 2 measuring stations (4 locations)

On 21 March 2023 HŽ Infrastruktura signed a Works contract with consortium consisting of ELEKTROKEM d.o.o. and S&T Iskratel d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 7.7 million.

With the implementation of the works, equipment will be installed to ensure the technical control of railway vehicles in motion and the exchange of information on the Core Network (TEN-T) in the Republic of Croatia, as well as the introduction of an automated system for the supervision of railway vehicles as well as the automatic collection of data and technical parameters of trains, and the rail-train interaction in real-time rail at 9 locations.

For more information about the Project please contact:

Skip to content