Preparation of projects and other design documentation for upgrade, renewal, construction of second track and construction of new double-track line on sections of railway line Dugo Selo – Novska (phase 2 and 3)


Section Dugo Selo – Novska (83.0 km) is an integral part of the railway line for international transport M103 Dugo Selo – Novska on the corridor RH1, and within the European framework it is an integral part of the core Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T).

On 4 November 2013 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed a Design contract with a consortium consisting of Técnica y Proyectos S.A., Egis Rail S.A., Ingeneria y Economia del Transporte S.A. and Engineering Project Institute d.d. in the amount of EUR 11.5 million, of which EUR 5.2 million or 45 percent is co-financed from the European Fund for Regional Development and the remaining amount of EUR 6.3 million or 55 percent is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The contract includes the provision of:

  1. Preliminary Design with obtaining a Location Permit
  2. Main Design with the obtaining of construction permits and the preparation of tender documentation
  3. Feasibility Study, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Environmental Impact Assessment and project application

Preparation of project documentation for phases 1, 2 and 3 provides the foundation for the construction phase. For the section Kutina – Novska funds in the amount of EUR 140.7 million have been secured from the National Recovery and Resilience Plan 2021 – 2026 (NPOO), which is divided into five components, and the Kutina – Novska section is within the Economy component i.e., subcomponent Development of the competitive, energy-sustainable and efficient transport system.

For more information about the project please contact

Skip to content