Removing “bottlenecks” on railway infrastructure

The project “Removal of bottlenecks on the railway infrastructure” includes the construction and reconstruction of objects on rail infrastructure (bridges, viaducts, culverts and cuttings) on the railway network of the Republic of Croatia with the aim of improving the infrastructure on sections belonging to the TEN-T network, but also on sections outside TEN-T network.

On 4 October 2023 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed the Grant Agreement NPOO.C1.4.R2-I3.01.0001 as part of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) with the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure (MSTI) and the Central Finance and Contracting Agency (CFCA). The value of the Grant Agreement is EUR 30.7 million and the eligible costs are EUR 24.6 million of which EUR 19.9 million is the maximum amount for co-financing of the Project, which is 80.94 percent co-financed from the NRRP or the Recovery and Resilience Mechanism, while the remaining amount of EUR 4.7 million or 19.06 percent is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The signed Grant Agreement covers the following activity: Works – reconstruction of bridges, viaducts, culverts and cuts on the railway network of the Republic of Croatia.

The implementation of the “Removal of “bottlenecks” on the railway infrastructure” will enable eliminating bottlenecks on the rail network, enhance operating speed and railway traffic safety, as well as improve the railway network in accordance with EU directives and Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI).

The Project includes following works:

– replacement and reconstruction of bridges and construction of new bridges

– reconstruction of cuttings

– reconstruction and construction of culverts

– reconstruction and construction of viaducts.

On 11 October 2023 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Works contract for cutting Zvečaj on the railway line M202 Zagreb GK – Rijeka with the company OCTOPUS d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 0.4 million.

 On 28 December 2023 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Works contract for 10 cuttings on the railway line M604 Oštarije – Knin – Split with the company MONTERRA d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 2.1 million.

On 21 December 2023 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Works contract for reconstruction of 6 bridge and 1 culvert with the consortium consisting of CENOZA PROMET d.o.o. and GEOTEHNIKA d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 6.4 million.

For further information, please contact: korporativne.komunikacije@hzinfra.hr

National plan for recovery and resilience logo
Skip to content