Dugo Selo – Križevci railway section upgrade and construction of second track

Section Dugo Selo – Križevci (38.2 km) is an integral part of the main corridor railway line for international traffic M201 State border – Botovo – Dugo Selo on the corridor RH2 and is also part of the section Rijeka – Zagreb – Budapest on the Mediterranean corridor.

On 31 May 2017 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed the Grant Agreement KK. (for Phase II) within the Operational Program “Competitiveness and Cohesion” 2014 – 2020 (OPCC) from the Cohesion Fund with the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure (MSTI) and Central Finance and Contracting Agency (CFCA). The value of the Grant Agreement is EUR 210.3 million, and the total eligible costs amount to EUR 169.9 million, which is the maximum amount for co-financing the eligible costs of the Project, of which EUR 144.4 million or 85 percent is co-financed from OPCC, and the remaining amount of EUR 25.5 million, or 15 percent, is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The Project implementation period according to the Grant Agreement is 01/2014 – 12/2023.

The signed Grant Agreement covers the following activities:

  1. Works
  2. Supervision
  3. Additional costs (contingencies)
  4. Land acquisition

On 29 April 2016 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Works contract with a consortium consisting of the companies DIV GRUPA d.o.o., DALEKOVOD d.d. and ZAGREB-MONTAŽA d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 164.6 million.

On 29 April 2016 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Service contract for supervision of works with a consortium consisting of INVESTINŽENJERING d.o.o. and SGS ADRIATICA d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 2.5 million. The contract was completed in November 2021.

On 7 February 2022 HŽ Infrastruktura signed the Service contract for supervision of works with INVESTINŽENJERING in the amount of EUR 1.2 million.

The implementation of the works on the section Dugo Selo – Križevci will enable the achievement of a nominal designed speed of 160 km/h and the stations will be reconstructed for the reception of interoperable freight trains with a length of 750 m, i.e., the reception of interoperable passenger trains with a length of 400 m and a maximum permissible weight of 25 t/axis, while the stops will be adapted in accordance with the requirements for the local passenger transport. The line capacity will also significantly increase, and the traveling times will be reduced while the journey quality will increase, with the possibility of including Bjelovar, Križevci and Koprivnica in the suburban railway traffic of the City of Zagreb.

As part of the Project, the following works are planned:

  • construction of the second track on the entire, 36.4 km long railway section (with the reconstruction of the station Dugo Selo 38.23 km)
  • reconstruction of the curves on the existing track with a total length of 9.4 km
  • reconstruction of the existing stations Dugo Selo, Vrbovec and Križevci and the associated stops
  • construction of the new station Gradec
  • construction of 6 new bridges and reconstruction of 7 existing ones
  • elimination of in total 17 level crossings, which will be replaced by 12 grade-separated crossings (delevelling) and 2 pedestrian crossings, which will be replaced by new pedestrian underpasses
  • upgrade of stable electric traction facilities
  • modernization of signalling and interlocking and telecommunication devices in accordance with the requirements for corridor lines
  • construction of ca. 20 km of noise barriers and new connecting and bypass roads in the length of about 25 km (service roads).

For more information about the project please contact korporativne.komunikacije@hzinfra.hr .

Skip to content