Preparation of project and other documentation for construction of second track, upgrade and modernization of the railway line on railway section Škrljevo – Rijeka – Jurdani


Section Škrljevo – Rijeka – Jurdani (27.5 km) is an integral part of the main corridor railway line for international traffic M202 Zagreb Main Station – Rijeka on the corridor RH2 and is also part of the section Rijeka – Zagreb – Budapest on the Mediterranean corridor.

On 23 November 2015 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed the Grant Agreement number INEA/CEF/TRAN/M2014/1044654 as part of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF – Connecting Europe Facility) with the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA). The value of the Grant Agreement is EUR 5.4 million, or 85 percent, of which EUR 4.6 million is co-financed from the CEF and the remaining amount of EUR 0.8 million, or 15 percent, is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The Grant Agreement covers the following activities:

  1. Project management, publicity and visibility
  2. Feasibility Study
  3. Cost-Benefit Analysis
  4. Environmental Impact Assessment
  5. Preliminary Design with obtaining a Location Permit
  6. Land acquisition
  7. Main Design with the obtaining of the Construction Permit

On 14 December 2016 HŽ Infrastruktura signed a Contract for preparation of project documentation with a consortium consisting of INSTITUT IGH d.d. and GRANOVA d.o.o. in the amount of EUR 4.9 million.

For more information, please contact

Skip to content