Reconstruction of the existing track and construction of the second track on the section Križevci – Koprivnica – state border

 

Section Križevci – Koprivnica – state border (42.6 km) is an integral part of the main railway corridor for international traffic M201 State border – Botovo – Dugo Selo on the corridor RH2 and is also part of the section Rijeka – Zagreb – Budapest on the Mediterranean corridor.

HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. in this way continues with the modernization of the Mediterranean Corridor, which connects the Iberian Peninsula with the Hungarian-Ukrainian border via the Port of Rijeka, Zagreb and Budapest, and thus with the single Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T). The project is part of the continuation of the development of the railway network and the establishment of a high-efficiency double-track railway line for combined transport from the Hungarian border to the Port of Rijeka.

On 6 October 2016 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed the Grant Agreement INEA/CEF/TRAN/M2015/1126931 as part of the Instrument for Connecting Europe Transport Sector (CEF – Connecting Europe Facility) with the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA). The value of the Grant Agreement is EUR 283.9 million, of which EUR 241.3 million or 85 percent is co-financed from the CEF, and the remaining amount of EUR 42.6 million or 15 percent, is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The signed Grant Agreement covers the following activities:

  1. Project management, publicity and visibility
  2. Land acquisition
  3. Works
  4. Supervision

On 12 March 2020 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Works contract with the company Cengiz Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. in the amount of EUR 320.9 million.

On 23 March 2020 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed Service contract for supervision of works with a consortium consisting of Centar za organizaciju građenja d.o.o. and DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH in the amount of EUR 5.3 million.

The project includes works on the construction of the second track and the reconstruction of the existing track from Križevci to the Hungarian border. It will be possible to reach train speeds of up to 160 km/h, with a limit of 150 km/h in Lepavina and 100 km/h in Koprivnica, since this part consists of urban areas with specific restrictions. The new double-track section will follow the existing route with the exception of the subsection Carevdar – Lepavina. By constructing new platforms, canopies, pedestrian underpasses and parking lots for cars and bicycles the Project will help facilitate easier access for reduced mobility persons. The total length of the section Križevci – Koprivnica – state border with Hungary will be reduced from 43.2 km to 42.6 km.

As part of the Project, the following works are planned:

  • reconstruction of 2 stations: Lepavina and Koprivnica
  • construction of the new station Novo Drnje
  • reconstruction of 4 stops: Majurec, Carevdar, Vojakovački Kloštar and Sokolovac
  • construction of the new stop Peteranec and conversion of the existing station Mučna Reka into a stop
  • construction of 7 bridges, 1 gallery and 3 viaducts, of which 1 is a crossing for wild animals
  • construction of 8 road overpasses, 3 road underpasses and 9 pedestrian underpasses
  • construction of redirecting roans and parallel roads along the railway line
  • works on the construction and reconstruction of the overhead contact line and other power plants such as electric traction plants, power plants and external lighting in bus stops and stations
  • works on the installation of new elements and devices on the signalling and interlocking, control-command and telecommunications system.

For more information about the project please contact korporativne.komunikacije@hzinfra.hr.

Visualizations of the objects and track Križevci – Koprivnica – State border
Works
VIDEO Incremental launching of a new railway bridge on the Drava river near Botovo – time lapse/drone
VIDEO Drone footage of the track, April 2023
VIDEO Works on the Majurec stop, February, 2022
VIDEO Works on the Križevci overpass
VIDEO Works on the Vuk overpass
The Ceremony of Contract Signing
Skip to content