Reconstruction of the existing track and construction of the second track on the section Križevci-Koprivnica-state border
With this huge project, HŽ Infrastruktura continues to modernize the Mediterranean Corridor, which provides a link via the Port of Rijeka, Zagreb and Budapest to the Iberian Peninsula, with the Hungarian and Ukrainian border, and this means also with the unique Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T). It is a part of the project of setting up a high-efficiency double-track railway line for combined transport from the Hungarian border to the Port of Rijeka.
The project is co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) – the transport sector. The total estimated value of the project is 350 million euros (excluding VAT).
Grant Agreement No. INEA/CEF/TRAN/M2015/1126931, was concluded on October 6, 2016, between the Executive Agency for Innovation and Networks (INEA), on the basis of authority granted by the European Commission and HŽ Infrastruktura.
The works on the second track construction and the reconstruction of the existing track from Križevci to the Hungarian border are carried out within the project, making possible the train speeds of up to 160 km/h, with a limit of 150 km/h in Lepavina and 100 km/h in Koprivnica, because this section is an urban area with specific restrictions. The new double-track section will follow the existing route with the exception of the sub-section Carevdar – Lepavina. The total length of section Križevci – Koprivnica – state border with Hungary will be reduced from 43.2 km to 42.6 km.
The following is foreseen within the scope of the project:
– reconstruction of 2 stations: Lepavina and Koprivnica
– construction of a new Novo Drnje station
– reconstruction of 4 stops: Majurec, Carevdar, Vojakovački Kloštar and Sokolovac
– construction of a new Peteranec stop and conversion of the existing Mučna Reka station into a stop
– construction of 7 bridges, 1 gallery and 3 viaducts, of which one is a wildlife crossing
– construction of 8 road overpasses, 3 road underpasses and 9 subways
– construction of redirection roads and parallel roads along the railway line
– works on the construction and reconstruction of the overhead contact line and other power facilities, such as electric traction facilities, power supply facilities and outdoor lighting in stops and stations
–works on the installation of new elements and devices on the signalling-interlocking, traffic control and telecommunication system
The Works Contract worth EUR 322.4 million (excluding VAT) was signed on March 12, 2020 with company Cengiz Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A. S.
The Supervision Service Contract was signed on March 23, 2020 with a Group of economic operators, consisting of the companies Centar za organizacija građenju d.o.o. and DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH. The Contract value is EUR 5,045,220 (excluding VAT).
The preparation of design documentation for the project in question is also co-financed from European funds, within the IPA programme framework, i.e. the Operational Program Transport.
For more project information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.