Preparation of design documentation for the reconstruction of the Okučani – Vinkovci railway line

 

The Okučani – Vinkovci section is an integral part of the main (corridor) railway line M104 Novska – Tovarnik – state border with the Republic of Serbia within RH1 Corridor, and within the scope of Europe it makes a part of the core Trans-European Transport Network – TEN-T.

The project of preparing technical documentation for the reconstruction of the Okučani – Vinkovci section is a precondition for the modernization and renewal of this section, which would meet technical and technological conditions for international main corridor lines (conditions of interoperability). Section modernization will be a continuation of the renewal of a part of the RH1 Dugo Selo – Novska – Tovarnik – state border international corridor. After the completion of the modernization project for Vinkovci – Tovarnik – state border and Okučani – Novska sections, as well as preparation of the Dugo Selo – Novska project of modernizing the 131 kilometres long Okučani – Vinkovci section, which includes 12 railway stations and 13 stops, is a continuation of corridor renewal, co-financed from EU funds. The aim of this project is to remove bottlenecks, which will enable the development of existing railway capacities, decreased transport time for freight and passengers and further development of this corridor.

The European Commission has approved funding to co-finance the preparation of design documentation for the reconstruction of the Okučani – Vinkovci railway line from the Connecting Europe Facility – CEF, in the amount of EUR 9,535,045, which makes 85 per cent of eligible project costs and amounts to EUR 11,217,700. The remaining 15 per cent of the amount will be financed from own funds. On October 27, 2017, HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed a Grant agreement INEA/CEF/TRAN/M2016/1365734 with the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA).

Design documentation for the reconstruction of the Okučani – Vinkovci section encompasses the preparation of study, design and technical documentation of modernization, including all documentation necessary for project implementation.

The documentation, which is prepared within the scope of this project, encompasses the study and technical documentation:
1. Study of railway line modernization on the Okučani – Vinkovci section includes: 1. Concept designs and multi-criteria analysis
2. Project feasibility study
3. Economic and financial analysis (previous and final) for prepared designs
4. Environmental impact analysis for the Okučani – Vinkovci track section

2. Preliminary design with obtaining a location permit
3. Main design with obtaining a building permit
4. Procurement documentation.

Together with preparation of technical documentation under the signed Agreement, the following activities will be carried out as well:
1. Project management, advertising and implementation of activity measures
2. Resolution of property and legal affairs.

HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed on May 17, 2019 service contract for the preparation of study documentation for the Project “Preparation of design documentation for the reconstruction of the Okučani – Vinkovci railway section” with GRANOVA d.o.o., ŽPD d.d., INSTITUT IGH d.d., RIJEKAPROJEKT d.o.o. i IPZ d.d. from Croatia in the amount of HRK 10,700,000,00.

Implementation of Grant agreement activities has been planned until the end of 2021.

For further information, please contact: korporativne.komunikacije@hzinfra.hr