Upgrade and electrification of line section Vinkovci – Vukovar

Railway line Vinkovci – Vukovar (18.7 km) as a railway line for international traffic M601 Vinkovci – Vukovar, is part of the railway freight corridor RFC10 “Alps – Western Balkans”.

On 21 May 2018 HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed the Grant Agreement KK. as part of the Operational Program “Competitiveness and Cohesion” 2014 – 2020 (OPCC) from the Cohesion Fund with the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure (MSTI) and Central Finance and Contracting Agency (CFCA). The value of the Grant Agreement is EUR 89.9 million, and the total eligible costs amount to EUR 68.5 million. The maximum amount for the co-financing of eligible costs of the Project is EUR 64.4 million, of which EUR 54.7 million or 85 percent is co-financed from OPCC and the remaining amount of EUR 9.7 million or 15 percent is co-financed from the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia.

The Project implementation period according to the Grant Agreement is 03/2016 – 12/2023.

The Grant Agreement covers the following activities:

  1. Project management
  2. Publicity and visibility
  3. Works
  4. Supervision
  5. Additional costs (contingencies)
  6. Land acquisition

On 20 December 2019 HŽ Infrastruktura signed Works contract with consortium consisting of COMSA S.A.U. and COMSA INSTALACIONES Y SISTEMAS INDUSTRIALES S.A.U. in the amount of EUR 49.9 million.

On 14 March 2019 HŽ Infrastruktura signed a Service contract for supervision of works with a consortium consisting of RUBICON ENGINEERING EAD and SPC ENGINEERING EOOD in the amount of EUR 1.7 million.

Following the implementation of the works railway line Vinkovci – Vukovar will be adapted for train speeds of a maximum of 120 km/h and the traveling time will be reduced. Electrification of the section will ensure economically and energetically more profitable and ecologically sustainable railway traffic. The section capacity will also increase and access to the Port of Vukovar will improve, which will contribute to the economic development of the local community and the recovery of the eastern part of Slavonia. As part of the works, parking spaces for cars and bicycles will also be arranged within the station and stops, easier access will be provided for reduced mobility persons, noise barriers will be constructed to protect against noise residents who live along the line, and the safety of all road users will increase following installation of a modern traffic signalization system and telecommunications and by building pedestrian underpasses.

As part of the Project, the following works are planned:

  • complete reconstruction and renovation of the existing single-track railway line
  • reconstruction of stations Vukovar-Borovo naselje and Vukovar and stops Nuštar and Bršadin – Lipovača
  • works on the construction, control-command, signalling and interlocking and power sub-systems.

For more information about the Project please contact korporativne.komunikacije@hzinfra.hr.

Info day for citizens in Vinkovci and a tour of the construction site in Vukovar – Borovo naselje with the media on November 30, 2023
Info day for the businessmen of Vukovar-Syrmia County, September 22 and 23, 2021
Skip to content