The Croatian railway network
HŽ Infrastruktura manages 2,617 km of railway lines in the Republic of Croatia. On its network, it maintains 559 stations and stops, 1,444 level crossings, 109 tunnels and 543 bridges. Many of these facilities are also protected cultural heritage.
HŽ Infrastruktura is responsible for traffic management and operation, for rehabilitation, maintenance and construction of railway infrastructure, which is a public good in general use.
On average, around 637 passenger and 118 freight trains operate on the network on a daily basis.
|2,617 km of railway lines||559 stations and stops||1,444 level crossings|
|National cultural heritage|
The access to the Croatian railway network for freight operators was liberalized on July 1, 2013, upon Croatia’s EU accession. Currently, there are 18 operators on the network:
- Adria Transport Croatia d.o.o.
- CER CARGO d.o.o.
- ENNA TRANSPORT d.o.o.
- EURORAIL LOGISTICS d.o.o.
- HŽ CARGO d.o.o.
- HŽ PUTNIČKI PRIJEVOZ d.o.o.
- INRAIL S.P.A.
- LOG RAIL d.o.o.
- Pružne građevine d.o.o.
- Rail & Sea d.o.o.
- Rail Cargo Carrier-Croatia d.o.o.
- Slovenske železnice – Tovorni promet d.o.o.
- Ten Rail d.o.o.
- TRAIN HUNGARY MAGÁNVASÚT IPARI, KERESKEDELMI ÉS SZOLGÁLTATÓ Kft.
- TRANSAGENT RAIL d. o. o.
- ČD Cargo Adria d.o.o.
- NORTH ADRIATIC RAIL d.o.o.
- KOMBINIRANI PRIJEVOZ d.o.o.