Designs for the upgrade of the railway section Oštarije – Škrljevo

 

The Oštarije – Škrljevo section makes an integral part of the M202 Zagreb GK – Rijeka railway line for international transport on RH2 Corridor, and at the same time a part of the Rijeka – Zagreb – Budapest section on the Mediterranean Corridor.

On November 8, 2017, HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o. signed an INEA/CEF/TRAN/M2016/1366913 Grant Agreement with the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) within the scope of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) – Transport sector. Hereby the maximum amount of EUR 5.95 million was approved, which is 85 per cent of the approved co-financing amount. The estimated amount for implementation of activities under the Agreement is maximally seven million euros. The remaining 15 per cent of the maximum amount (EUR 1.05 million) will be financed by own funds.

Within the scope of the signed Agreement, the following activities will be implemented:

  1. Project management, advertising and visibility measures
  2. Preparation of study documentation: concept design variants for the path and feasibility study (FS )
  3. Preparation of a cost-benefit analysis
  4. Preparation of preliminary design and obtaining location permit/s
  5. Preparation of an environmental impact study.

The main goal of project preparation is the development of an efficient and competitive railway transport along the Mediterranean Corridor, together with elimination of so-called bottlenecks on the Croatian part of this corridor, improvement of the quality of passenger and cargo rail services, reduction of travel time, increase of travel speed and improvement of railway transport competitiveness.

Aimed at realizing the activities foreseen within the grant agreement, on May 15, 2020, HŽ Infrastruktura signed the Contract for the preparation of study documentation for the modernization of the railway line M202 Zagreb GK – Rijeka, line section Oštarije – Škrljevo, with a consortium of bidders consisting of the companies ŽPD d.d., Granova d.o.o., Institut IGH d.d., Rijekaprojekt d.o.o. and IPZ d.d.

The contract is worth HRK17.9 million (excluding VAT) and includes elaborated preliminary designs for several route variants, feasibility studies, cost-benefit analyses for the selected variant solution and environmental impact studies, which will prescribe environmental protection and conservation measures that must be carried out during the construction and operation of the railway line.

The deadline for the preparation of study documentation is 16 months from the date of concluding the contract.

For further information, please contact: korporativne.komunikacije@hzinfra.hr